It seems that we don’t need to be taught how to grieve or be sad, it’s just part of life. There are those times when we don’t know why something is happening or where to turn, but God is always there! When we go to God in prayer during those dark times, he works on our hearts and helps us.
Lots of people in the Bible poured their hearts out to God, especially David, who wrote Psalms about it. Are you feeling any of these things: abandoned by God, feeling the stress of waiting, living in fear, depressed, desperate, feeling like no one cares or rejected by others, or what about just simply overwhelmed?
You may have those moments where you know what you “should” do and you “know” the truth, but the dark times consume you to where you are almost paralyzed and can’t seem to function and snap out of it. Feeling like you aren’t moving forward or just trapped because you don’t know how to move on.
Good news is you always have someone there to pour you heart out to…God! Know that through your darker and more difficult times, God is there!!
- He hears and answers your prayer (Psalm 6:8-9, 31:22, 118:5)
- He has compassion for you (Psalm 103:13)
- He is near you (Psalm 34:18)
- He delivers me (Psalm 34:17, 19)
- He lifts you up out of that pit (Psalm 40:1-2)
- and He rescues you (Psalm 18:19, 91:15) Oh yeah, and God “delights” in you…think about that!
Psalms also talks about what we can do during “tough” times.
- Call upon the Lord (Psalm 55:16-17, 18:6)
- Give your burdens to Him (Psalm 55:22)
- Wait on God (Psalm 27:13-14, 62:5-6)
- and give praise to the Lord (Psalm 42:5)
No matter what valley you are going through or what deep, dark hole you feel stuck in…cry out to God. Just let it go, tell him you can’t do it anymore, and then trust that He will see you through because God loves you so!!