Helping kids with their basic needs is what parents do—and at the rate school age kids grow, it’s a constant challenge to keep on top of their changing sizes and the need for replacement items.
Socks, shoes, underwear, and backpacks with school supplies are items ALL students need, and families who are struggling financially will breathe a little easier after a special day of events designed to help provide those basics at no cost.
This month, Life 96.5 Radio is partnering with Samaritan’s Feet, Prairie View Prevention Services, and The Banquet/SOS. We are teaming up to bring awareness to the resources available to families on Saturday, August 18th.
- Families in need of assistance can receive free new socks and shoes for their children who come to one of three locations staffed by Samaritan’s Feet staff and volunteers: Hayward Elementary School, First United Methodist and Wesley United Methodist Church.
- Parents and children can also attend the Celebrating Families Free Back to School Event at St. Joseph Cathedral School and receive information and assistance on health and dental care, safety and school information, plus a complimentary lunch and free packaged socks and underwear for the kids.
- School-aged children from families in need can receive a free brand new backpack filled with school supplies from The Banquet’s SOS program at Whittier Middle School.
HOW TO HELP:
Volunteers and Donations are needed!
- Samaritan’s Feet needs volunteers on Saturday, August 18 to assist families who come to the three locations for socks and shoes. Volunteers can sign up at one of these 3 locations:
Donations of brand new athletic shoes can be brought to American Bank & Trust (locations at River Centre–200 E. 10th St. and Sycamore Ave. and 3405 S. Sycamore Ave.), Oh My Cupcakes and AMaVo (both at 5015 S. Western Ave.) in Sioux Falls.
- Celebrating Families is in need of donations of brand new packages of socks and underwear for both boys and girls. Sizes for preschoolers through adults are needed. To volunteer at the event at St. Joseph Cathedral Elementary School, including set up/take down on August 17 and 18, please pre-register by calling 605-331-5724 or email email@example.com.
Please bring donations of new packages of socks and underwear to: AMaVo 5015 S Western Ave Suite #260, Sioux Falls ShopKo locations, Sioux Falls Lewis Drug locations, Acucare Physical Therapy at 1700 S. Minnesota Ave, Sioux Falls, Sanford Pediatric Units, Life 96.5 Studios 6300 S. Tallgrass Ave., Sioux Falls, OR Prairie View Prevention Services, 822 E. 41st Street, Sioux Falls, 8 am to 4 pm.
- The Banquet’s SOS program can use volunteer help on packing day, August 17, and distribution day, August 18th. Learn more when you contact Erika Lapour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Banquet 335-7066.
Donations of new backpacks and school supplies can be made directly to The Banquet, 900 E. 8th Street, Sioux Falls, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm by Friday, August 10th OR AMaVo (5015 S. Western Ave. #260, Sioux Falls).
Thank you for serving and giving! You are the hands and feet of Jesus in the lives of families in need across the Sioux Empire.