THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS BROADCAST ON KNWC. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE ITS OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES:
1. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
2. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30-day period.
3. All prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the office of KNWC: 4721 W. 71st Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57108. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 30 days of winning. The 30 day period includes weekends and holidays. KNWC’s business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. KNWC will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the winner’s responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit. Additionally, some prizes have specific expiration dates or are date sensitive (i.e. concert tickets), which may occur within the 30 days following the winning date. It is the responsibility of the winner to pick up their prize by the event or expiration date.
4. Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow KNWC to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to KNWC may be taped and may be aired on KNWC without further approval.
5. KNWC is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of KNWC will be final.
6. Employees and agents of KNWC and their families or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on KNWC.
7. Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
8. KNWC is not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes caused by the mail system.
9. Prizes are non-transferable, except for concert tickets which are placed at will-call. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
10. KNWC reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
11. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. KNWC may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. KNWC will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
13. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of KNWC will be final.
14. KNWC, its agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any KNWC contest or prize awarded in a contest.
15. All contest entries become the property of KNWC. KNWC may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
These rules are subject to change without notice.